- It is the only hyaluronic acid-based filler to receive FDA approval for volume enhancement in the cheeks and mid-face region.
- Results appear straightaway with treatment.
- Only one treatment is usually required to achieve optimal results.
- The volume enhancement effects are long lasting.
Preparing for Your Juvederm® ProcedureYou should inform your doctor if you are using substances that might prolong bleeding, for instance, aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Within the first 24 hours of the procedure, you are advised to avoid the following:
- Vigorous exercise
- Extensive sun and heat exposure
- Alcoholic drinks
Juvederm® RecoveryRecovering from Juvederm® is quick. Within days of the procedure, any tenderness, redness, or swelling should be reduced. You will be able to go back to your daily routine and will have only minimal aftercare instructions. Juvederm® is well tolerated in most people.
The most common side effects include the following: